Friday 30 August 2013

Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Tea? You decide!

A Meal For All Suitable at Any Meal Time
 
Are you stuck for ideas again? Breakfast getting boring? The little one got up too late for breakfast but needs something before lunch? Need a light lunch or a top up tea? No problem. I have this meal that I pull out of the bag every time I have no time to cook for either me or Ty! Lazy I know but sometimes, we don't fancy being super mum and this meal takes 2 minutes to prepare and cook, if you will call it cook, and it will provide your bundle of love calcium, vitamin c, protein, fibre, carbohydrate and of course good fats, among other nutrients.
 
 
Well mum, let me watch telly while I eat, I don't need you right this second!
 
 
Ingredients
 
  • 1/3 can of baked beans (17p, Aldi)
  • 1 slice of white bread (55p, Lidl)
  • 1 large free range egg (89p, Lidl)
  • 10-20 ml whole milk (£1, Asda)
 
This will literally not cost more than 35p per portion. Mummys and Daddys I recommend you have and extra egg each so 5 eggs in total, 5 slices of bread, 50 - 60 ml of milk and a whole can of baked beans.
 
The REALLY not-so Nitty Gritty Bit
 
  1. Beat the egg with the milk. Put in the microwave for approx. 1 and half minutes, to be safe and stop the egg getting too dry, check every 30 seconds and mix with a fork to keep it nice and fluffy.
  2. Once the egg is done, heat the beans in a plastic container, covered in cling film for 2 minutes, check every 30 seconds to stop the beans exploding. Yes, that does happen, well only to numptys like myself, but it can happen.
  3. Toast your toast last minute and spread with  butter.
  4. Serve
 
Little Monster's Opinion
 
   Little Monster loves egg, loves beans and loves toast. Was like feeding strawberries to a donkey. He only used his fork for his beans, and even then it didn't last long. Thank god for wet wipes, great for cleaning everything, including the mucky pup sat in front of you!
 
Basic, quick, cheap, filling, comforting, what is not to love? Yeah you read my blog for recipes, I'm giving you an idea, add what you want, it is a good base for your nutrients.
 
Photos are always appreciated!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment